I’ve finished converting everything on this site to WordPress. In general, I’m quite pleased with the transition process and I believe that I’ve made everything look as close to the old site as possible. The one thing that’s missing, that I couldn’t resolve technically, was the use of newspaper columns for my articles. When I tried to apply them to my WordPress theme I ended up with some columns being wildly different heights than others – and it seemed to do so randomly. I was never able to determine why this was happening or how to fix it. However, although it was an interesting formatting feature, I don’t think I’m really losing much by not having it.
I’ve meant to post here several times recently, but never seemed to get around to doing it. Hopefully that will now change.